I am often asked by relocation buyers, “What is the best neighborhood to live in Las Vegas?”
While this is a logical question, one of the challenges is that different buyers want various things and have different values and criteria. For example, for a buyer that values security, The Summit Club is a high security conscious neighborhood. However, there are strict HOA rules and monthly dues of approximately $2,500. While this could attract a high profile entertainer or athlete, it might discourage a retiree buyer concerned primarily about monthly expenses. Another example would be an executive that travels constantly for business and wants to be near the airport, versus another executive that works out of his/her home and prefers solitude and the suburbs. With this being said, I will list some of my favorite communities in Las Vegas and Henderson. My website has more information here. Keep in mind I cater to Las Vegas luxury home buyers.
The Best Place To Live In Las Vegas:
- The Ridges Las Vegas – a guard gated neighborhood in Summerlin with Club Ridges fitness center and Bear’s Best Championship Golf Course intertwined throughout the community. Long running favorite to local executives, doctors, attorneys, business owners, athletes, entertainers, entrepreneurs and affluent. Modern and contemporary custom homes and semi-custom luxury homes are found here.
- The Summit Club – a high security neighborhood with the most expensive homes and lots in Las Vegas. An exclusive golf course with just 260 residences are found in this Discovery Land project. This is a lifestyle community where you can expect to be spoiled daily. Raising the bar for Las Vegas luxury homes.
- MacDonald Highlands – the most affluent neighborhood in Henderson. Home to Dragon Ridge country club and some of the best views of the world famous Las Vegas Strip from lots that are perched high above the valley floor. MacDonald Highlands has mainly custom luxury homes with a small mix of semi-custom luxury home and luxury townhomes.
- Ascaya – a new community with desert modern homes and remarkable views. The centerpiece of Ascaya is the 23,000sf resident only clubhouse. Ascaya has custom lots available and a handful of completed luxury homes including their “inspiration homes.”
- Red Rock Country Club – a mature guard gated neighborhood situated against the breathtaking Red Rock Conservation Area with two golf courses and a country club with dining, fitness, tennis and programming. Red Rock Country Club is minutes away for the sparkling Downtown Summerlin Mall.
- Southern Highlands – a guard gated neighborhood with a country club that is situated the farthest south making it more accessible to Californians that are commuting back & forth, many Las Vegas Raiders have chosen to live here due to proximity to their practice facility and Allegiant Stadium.
- Seven Hills – Mediterranean estates and contemporary luxury homes populate this exclusive guard gated neighbor with the Rio Secco Golf Course at the heart of the community. Seven Hills has world class views and easy access to the airport and Las Vegas Strip.
- Summerlin – there are various guard gated neighborhoods in the Summerlin Master Planned community that all have appeal. They include Canyon Fairways, Tournament Hills, Eagle Hills, Bellacere, Willow Creek, and newly developed Mesa Ridge. Summerlin has some of the best schools, parks, shopping, infrastructure and locations in the Las Vegas valley.
- Canyon Gate Country Club – located in the center of the west side this community has a Club Corp of America Ted Robinson designed golf course, country club and guard gate. Long considered the jewel of the west side, Canyon Gate Country Club offers an intimate setting with just over 500 homeowners.
- Lake Las Vegas – for those boat lovers you are close to Lake Mead and can have lake front property with an electric boat for relaxing lake entertainment. Many of the waterfront homes have private docks and many more homes enjoy lake views. There is a neighborhood village, hotels and both a public and private golf course.